In the fall of 2020, the church collected items for care packages to give to the residents of Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community.
In February 2021, in response to the financial strains exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, the church donated $3,000 to each of the following five organizations that present the good news of Jesus Christ while serving human needs:
- Align Life Ministries for baby care supplies
- The Bowery Mission in New York City for food, clothing, and shelter
- Water Street Mission in Lancaster for food, clothing, and shelter
- Nigeria Crisis Fund for material and spiritual relief to persecuted Christians
- Love INC of Lancaster County to respond to individual and family needs
Evangelism and Servant Ministries Team
The Evangelism and Servant Ministry (ESM) team connects the congregation with the community, promotes opportunities for witnessing through service and missions work, and we have a little fun doing it along the way. We help promote the work of Christ-based organizations such as Bible2School, COBYS Family Services, Love INC, Water Street Mission, and the Manheim Central Food Pantry. We also encourage members to participate in short-term mission trips. We sell milk shakes at the Brethren Disaster Relief Auction at the Lebanon Fairgrounds each September. We also participate in the Manheim Project to help local residents with house/yard work.
We simply try to shine the light of Christ on the congregation and the community through actions.
MC Food Pantry needs
- Peanut Butter
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Kidney Beans
- Plastic Grocery Bags
Here are some of the organizations we support: